Former American rugby star hung himself in jail

Aaron Hernandez, a former NFL national football player, hanged himself while serving a life sentence.

According to the Washington Post, the prison guard discovered the body of Aaron Hernandez in a hanging position on a cell, inside the cell at Baranowski Prison in Shirley, Massachusetts, USA.

Police said Hernandez had inserted doors and room objects so that no one could detect them and then ended his life. Although the prison medical staff tried to cure Hernandez and took him to the hospital, the former sports star died at 4 o’clock.


Christopher Fallon, Massachusetts Education Authority representative, confirmed to the Washington Post that police are investigating the death of this inmate.

“With the suicide information of Hernandez, the family and the authorities were shocked. Hernandez has long been unable to contact family and lawyers. Despite this, he is still waiting for a chance to testify. Those who love and care about him are heartbroken and determined to find the truth around this strange suicide”, said Jose Baez, Hernandez’s lawyer.

Baez has asked the authorities to conduct a transparent and thorough investigation to return the purity to the former rugby star.

Brian Murphy, who used to speak for the former rugby star, wrote: “It is completely absurd when he takes his own life. My family and I love Hernandez, he will never make away with himself”.


Hernandez died just four days after the jury announced he was involved in the murder of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado in 2012 at a Boston club.

Aaron Hernandez, 27, is a former famous player of the National American Rugby League. He was sentenced to life without parole on April 15, 2015, after being convicted of a first-degree murder in 2013.

Allegedly, he murdered Odin Lloyad, a black gardener on the grounds of his luxurious mansion in the city of Attleboro in Bristol district. At the trial on April 15, 2015, prosecutors said Hernandez and two driver friends took Odin Lloyad to an abandoned industrial park in North Attleborough and shot him dead in the middle of the night June 17, 2015.